Last Updated: February 15, 2022
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information that you provide directly to us. Some ways in which we collect information are instances when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign-up to volunteer, make a donation or purchase, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
Additionally, in compliance with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) we may also collect your occupation and employer information.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about how you interact with the Website. This automatically collected information is referred to as, “Device Information.”
DEVICE INFORMATION IS COLLECTED USING THE FOLLOWING:
- Cookies: These are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files: Log files track actions and collect data occurring on the Website.
- Web beacons/tags/pixels: These are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information that we collect to:
- Communicate with you;
- Provide, maintain and improve our Website;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Website;
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Campaign;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Campaign and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions to the Campaign exceed $200 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the FEC website at www.fec.gov);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website.
For more information about having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
The Campaign takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
For more information about our privacy practices, questions, or any other concerns please contact us at: email@example.com.